- Terms of Service
- Price Change Policy
- Service and Trade Marks
Terms of Service
This agreement is between Ivy Bound LLC, (“IB”) and its clients. Ivy Bound, LLC (IB) represents its affiliates Ivy Bound, Physician Bound, Resident Bound, Fellowship Bound and MD/PhD Bound. Unless the context requires otherwise, Ivy Bound or its affiliates (“dba”) and/or its assigns shall be referred to as “us, we, or our” and the client shall be referred to as “you or your.”
1) You acknowledge that you are the applicant, will write all essays and application materials, and are responsible for all aspects of the essays, resumes, and/or other documents. IB does NOT write, draft, compose, or complete essays, and it does not “put notes together.”
2) You will not hold IB, its officers, editors, and representatives liable for any denied admissions to any undergraduate, graduate or professional program or school or any denial of employment.
3) We have made NO representations about what our service will do for your chances of admission to any undergraduate, graduate or professional school or program or for your chances of employment at any institution, corporation, business, or government agency.
4) Ivy Bound disclaims any and all implied or express warranties, including but not limited to, the essays’, resumes’, or letters’ fitness for a particular purpose and your fitness for any job or undergraduate, graduate or professional program.
5) All services are prepaid. IB will not provide services unless you have first paid for the services and agreed to our Terms of Service.
6) IB’s services can be divided into three categories, i.e., “Comprehensive Package,” “Premium Upgrade” and “A La Carte.” One Year-Application-Cycle Packages must be used in the application cycle of purchase. Use of these packages after the application cycle of purchase will result in additional charges.
7) Service Expiration: Unless you purchased a Multi-Year Package, all work must be completed within the cycle of purchase or you lose the unused portion of the services that you purchased.
8) You agree to pay Ivy Bound or its affiliates for a Missed Appointment Fee of $350 for each appointment that is missed entirely or cancelled by you less than 36 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time.
9) While we are happy to explain our services to parents or other potential payors, unless the applicant is 17 years or younger, Ivy Bound, LLC does not work with parents, siblings, or other applicant proxies. Unless you are a recommender purchasing a letter of recommendation service or an applicant purchasing a letter of recommendation service for your recommender, our client is always the applicant.
10) Hours spent live on the phone and offline reviewing documents are both tracked.
11) Ivy Bound, LLC reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
You understand and agree to our refund policy, which is as follows:
- Ivy Bound does not issue refunds for work already performed.
- Following your kickoff meeting, and signed contract and paid invoice, we extend you a seven-day grace period during which you may make changes to your package or consulting arrangement. Just sent us an email. During this time, you may add additional schools and still take advantage of a bulk package rate. You may also reduce the number of schools applied to, in which case the consulting fees will be reduced based upon our applicable fee schedule and the actual number of schools selected. In addition, during this seven-day period, you may elect to cancel your service and be refunded minus a charge of $315 per hour for hours used and a $750 processing fee.
- Hours must be used in full within the current or impending application cycle of purchase, unless a multi-year plan is purchased or unless otherwise agreed to.
- Hours spent live on the phone andoffline reviewing documents are both tracked.
All website design, text, and graphics are the property of Ivy Bound, LLC.
Copyright© 2020 by Ivy Bound, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The stock photographs used as the basis for our custom graphics is Copyright © PhotoDisc. All Rights Reserved.
Permission to use the information on this website is granted subject to the following conditions:
- An individual may view or download this website or print one hard copy of it for his/her personal use.
- Individuals involved in admissions counseling may quote from this website provided the material in which it is quoted contains the following notice:
“This information is provided by Ivy Bound or Physician Bound. Further information is available at IvyBound.com, PhysicianBound.com or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition, individuals, schools, and corporations may reproduce articles from this website for use on their websites provided they attribute the articles to Ivy Bound or Physician Bound, do not alter, transform or modify them, and maintain all links contained in the article.
Disclaimer of Responsibility
Ivy Bound, LLC. is providing this website and its contents on an “AS IS” basis and makes no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this site or its contents. MorningsideHeightsAmerica.com, Inc. disclaims all such representations and warranties, including for example warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In addition, Ivy Bound, LLC. does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this site is accurate, complete, or current.
Neither Ivy Bound, LLC nor any of its directors, employees, editors, or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including without limitation compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages, loss of income or data, loss of or damage to property, and claims of third parties.
The services described herein are provided “AS IS” without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied. In no event will Accepted.com, Inc. its officers, directors, employees, editors, and representatives be held liable for any damages of any kind, including without limitation compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages, loss of income or data, loss of or damage to property, and claims of third parties arising from any clients’ rejection from any undergraduate, graduate, or professional program of any kind.
Price Change Policy
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Service and Trade Marks
The Ivy Bound family of logos and style marks are registered service marks of Ivy Bound, LLC. All rights thereto are reserved.
This website contains links and references to products and services that may include affiliates, sponsorships, or other business relationships in which Ivy Bound, LLC may receive compensation from referrals or sales actions.
This Agreement may be terminated by Client or Ivy Bound at any time. If IB Consulting terminates the relationship due to irreconcilable differences, a refund for the unused purchase within 14 days will be made.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
• To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Ivy Bound, LLC makes every effort to ensure that your information is secure on its system. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. While Ivy Bound, LLC will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of all personal information, we expressly disclaim any liability for any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal and/or financial information stored therein, and you agree to hold Ivy Bound, LLC harmless for any damages that may result there from. Ivy Bound, LLC expressly disclaims any liability that may arise should any other individuals obtain the information you submit to this website.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
• Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
Use of Email
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
We agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Include the physical address of our business headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Controlling Your Data
If you have a relationship with our company you have the right to examine and request changes to your personal data following a written request. If the overview we have provided requires amendments, you can ask us in writing to change or erase the data. In addition, you can inform us if you wish to opt out of email communications or do not wish to receive information about our products and services, by writing to email@example.com
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
You can edit your IvyBound.com account information at any time. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Ivy Bound, LLC relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Changes to Statement
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time and will post the changes on this webpage.