Ask The Right Questions
The Ivy Bound approach is not to get you into your “dream school” because most dream schools tend to be misinformed decisions. Our primary objective is to find your “best fit, great match, dream school,” an institution that appeals to your interests, values, needs and goals. In this way, the school and you align. You are a great fit for the college; and the college is a great fit for you.
What Questions do Premier Colleges Ask about your Qualifications?
Growth and Potential
- Have you reached your maximum academic and personal potential?
- Do you challenge yourself?
- Have you been working to capacity in the pursuit of your academic and personal ambitions?
- Do you have the reserve power to do more?
- How do you allocate your time?
- Do you show initiative?
- What motivates you?
- What is your 5 and 25 – year vision?
- Has your ability to positively impact others increased over time?
Interests and Activities
- What do you care deeply about? Intellectually? Extracurricularly? Personally?
- What are your interests? What have you learned from your interests? Why do you do what you do? Have you achieved? What have you learned from success and failure?
- Do your take advantage of opportunities? Do you create opportunities?
- What is the quality of your activities? Do you appear to have genuine commitment or leadership skills?
Character and Personality
- What choices have you made? Why?
- Do you have good judgement?
- Are you a late bloomer?
- How open are you to new ideas and other opinion?